Botox is definitely one of the more popular facial aesthetic treatments out there and has been in use for decades. Technically Botox itself is short for ‘botulinum toxin’ Type A and is a form of purified neurotoxic protein. Other types of botulinum toxin exist, and are substantially more dangerous.
How Botox Works
In simple terms, Botox works by relaxing facial muscles and in the process smoothening the skin in the affected area. It attaches itself to the nerve endings of the muscles when injected, and blocks the transmitters – preventing the muscles from contracting.
When the facial muscles are unable to contract, the skin itself begins to appear smoother because the movement causing any wrinkles will stop. The effects are temporary however, and their duration depends on various factors including metabolic activity, lifestyle, and more.
Benefits of Botox
The popularity of Botox is mainly due to its benefits – that are multifaceted to say the least. Some of the main benefits include:
- Painless and easy treatments – Generally you will only feel a quick prick during the initial injection, and aside from that the Botox treatment itself won’t cause any further pain.
- Quick results – While the exact duration may vary, you can expect the full results of the Botox treatment to be visible within 2 weeks, or sometimes substantially less than that.
- Numerous applications – Overall Botox can be used to smooth out any kind of facial creases, such as wrinkles near the corners of the eyes or lips, lines on the brow, and so on.
- Restores youthful features – Unlike other forms of cosmetic surgery, Botox will not alter your physical features but rather will restore them to a more youthful appearance. In most cases this looks more natural.
- No recovery period – After a Botox injection you won’t need to wait or go through any kind of recovery period and can resume your daily routine almost immediately.
All in all these benefits make Botox a quick fix that can have dramatic results and improve your facial aesthetics by restoring their youthful vigor. That is the main drive behind its popularity, and odds are will factor heavily into your decision on whether to pursue Botox treatments or not.
It is worth noting that aside from the benefits for facial aesthetics, several other applications for Botox have been developed over the years. Today it is used to treat various types of muscle spasms, migraines, excessive sweating, and several other conditions.
That being said the primary use of Botox remains in facial aesthetics, where its popularity is uncontested. At times some treatments may be combined with dermal fillers, to produce longer-lasting results.
If you’re interested in undergoing Botox Gloucester treatment, you should look for a professional specialist in cosmetic treatments. Nowadays many dental facilities offer facial aesthetic treatments such as Botox as well, and they are normally handled by trained and qualified professionals that can provide you with the advice that you may need alongside the treatments that you want.